Viticultural MulchBio Gro Viticulture Mulch is a weed free, organic mulch derived from a blend of sustainably sourced radiata pine bark, wood fibre and seagrass (Posidonia australis). Alive with beneficial microorganisms and cellulose fibre, Bio Gro Viticulture Mulch has been engineered to produce healthy, sustainable vineyard conditions for vine growth and quality wine production.
- Reduces irrigation requirements
- Improves drought resistance of vines
- Maintains soil moisture levels
- Improves soil structure and decreases erosion
- Stimulates vine growth
- Reduces weeds
- Improves water retention, infiltration and drainage
- Composted Radiata Pine bark
- Composted wood fibre
- Seagrass (Posidonia australis)
Use it for
In order to make the most of your Bio Gro Viticulture Mulch, it is important that you monitor your soil moisture and adjust your irrigation schedules accordingly.
Mulch can delay the need for irrigation at the start of the season, as well as decrease the level of irrigation needed overall. Good irrigation management will enable you to make the most of these benefits.
Monitoring of soil and petiole nutrient status will also assist in getting the best value from Bio Gro Viticulture Mulch, enabling adjustment of fertiliser programs as required.